ARCHITECTURAL RECORD ONE MILLIONTH TEST TAKER SWEEPSTAKES RULES
You must agree to the rules in order to enter the contest.
1. No Purchase Necessary: No purchase or payment of any money is necessary to enter. Purchase will not improve the chances of winning. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Eligibility: Must be at least 18 years old to enter and a resident in the U.S. Employees of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.(“McGraw-Hill” or the “Sponsor”) and employees of companies who provide courses to McGraw-Hill Construction are not eligible.
3. To Enter: Register and take a test at http://ce.construction.com/ between 9 am EST on Wednesday August 1 through 5 pm EST on Wednesday October 31 (the “Contest Period”). There is no fee to take a test. If either the 1,000,000th, 1,000,001st or 1,000,002nd test has not been taken by 5 pm EST on October 31, 2012, then the winner for that prize will be selected in a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries. You can take more than one course test during the Contest Period. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, misdirected or illegible entries or for technical or Internet access failure.
4. Winners and Prizes: First prize: The person who registers and takes the 1,000,000th test at http://ce.construction.com/ will win the Grand Prize of $5,000 cash. Second prize: The person who registers and takes the 1,000,001st test will win a Knoll womb chair (valued at $4,801). Third prize: The person who registers and takes the 1,000,002nd test will win a Talak LED table by Artemide (valued at $935). If either the 1,000,000th, 1,000,001st or 1,000,000nd test has not been taken by 5 pm EST on October 31, 2012, then the winner for that prize will be selected in a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries. The Sponsor will pay for shipping within the U.S. by UPS. Ten additional runners up will be selected at random from all remaining eligible entries and each will win a $100 AMEX gift card. Total retail prize value of all prizes: $11,736. The random drawings will take place at the conclusion of the Contest Period and will be announced by November 19, 2012.
5. Prize Conditions: Prizes are supplied by McGraw-Hill. Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash or substitutable for any other item by winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value for any prize, for any reason. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and fees, plus any other incidentals. All winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release: (1) waiving any and all claims against the Sponsor for any loss which may occur from participation in the contest or from the receipt or use of the prize; and (2) allowing McGraw-Hill to use his/her name and likeness for promotional purposes for a period of one (1) year without the payment of compensation. The affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release must be returned to McGraw-Hill within two (2) weeks of notification that a winner has won a prize. Non-compliance will result in disqualification and forfeit of prize. All winners will be notified by email. Winners must provide McGraw-Hill with accurate mailing addresses so that prizes can be mailed to the winners.
7. Odds: Odds of winning will depend upon number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner’s List: For the winners list, send a self addressed, stamped envelope, after November 20, 2012 to Architectural Record, Attention: Pina DelGenio. 2 Penn Plaza, 9th floor, New York, NY 10121.
9. Contest Conditions: All contestants release the Sponsor, its affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest, including their respective employees, agents and representatives, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from participation in the contest and the awarding and use of any prize, including liability for personal injury and/or property damage and any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
11. Disqualification: In the event that a winner fails to meet the eligibility requirements of the contest, the unawarded prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected at random from remaining entries.
12. Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. and none will be returned. Winners will be required to give The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. their legal name, age, current address, and phone number for tax record keeping purposes only.
14. Disputes: By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules. Any dispute regarding the sweepstakes or these rules will be resolved by a panel of judges from The McGraw-Hills Companies, Inc. and their decision shall be final.
15. Official Rules: To receive a copy of these complete rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: