Ed Roberts Campus
A new home for organizations serving people with disabilities demonstrates how universal and sustainable design can disappear when done well. Click here to read about itÂ»
Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects
A 56-foot-diameter helical ramp off the lobby serves as a social hub for visitors and people working in the building. Wide enough for two wheelchairs to descend together, so people can continue conversations begun upstairs, it also wraps around a space that can be used for exhibitions or receptions.
Photo: Â© Tim Griffith
Learn At Your Own Pace:
You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain how universal design differs from ADA compliance.
Explain LMSA's approach to universal design at the ERC.
Describe how LMSA satisfied the conflicting needs of the building
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
800-255-9235 | www.exceldryer.com
866-482-7374 | www.sunguardglass.com
(Pictured: Marselle Condominium, Seattle, WA. PB Architects. Photo by Matt Todd Photography, courtesy of WoodWorks.)
- Used in geothermal and water-source heat pump applications
- Exceeds ASHRAE 90.1 efficiencies with twostage operation
- Uses EarthPure® (HFC-410A) zero-ozonedepletion refrigerant, making it an extremely environmentally friendly option
- Its multiple cabinet configurations and small footprint make it suitable for tight installations and for replacement/retrofit markets
- Features iGate technology, the next generation in intelligent control by using two-way communication to provide a gateway to the system.
© McGraw Hill Financial. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Building Media, Inc.