Best Green Projects: Case Studies in Sustainable Design Success
Learn At Your Own Pace:
You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand why specific material choices were made (cladding, windows, flooring, roofing, etc.) in these noteworthy green projects and how these decisions contributed to the project's sustainability.
- Recognize why specific design/siting decisions were made, and how these decisions contributed to both the project's sustainability and its architectural excellence.
- Identify effective means to communicate with clients about the budgetary/design give-and-take that goes into creating a project that is sustainable, meets the program brief, and stays on budget.
- Learn energy efficiency measures that were undertaken.
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- Best Green Projects: Case Studies in Sustainable Design Success
800-255-9235 | www.exceldryer.com
866-482-7374 | www.sunguardglass.com
800-847-3552 | www.pellacommercial.com
415-824-4900 | www.safti.com/prod_II-XL45.html
(Pictured: Marselle Condominium, Seattle, WA. PB Architects. Photo by Matt Todd Photography, courtesy of WoodWorks.)
- Used in geothermal and water-source heat pump applications
- Exceeds ASHRAE 90.1 efficiencies with twostage operation
- Uses EarthPure® (HFC-410A) zero-ozonedepletion refrigerant, making it an extremely environmentally friendly option
- Its multiple cabinet configurations and small footprint make it suitable for tight installations and for replacement/retrofit markets
- Features iGate technology, the next generation in intelligent control by using two-way communication to provide a gateway to the system.
© McGraw Hill Financial. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Building Media, Inc.