Thermal and Energy Modeling of Two Fenestration Systems in Hot and Cold Climates
Photo Credit: Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company
Learn At Your Own Pace:
You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the impact of effective glazing and curtainwall systems on overall potential energy savings in the buildings sector.
- Compare in detail the energy efficiency of a dry glazed curtainwall system with a silicone structurally glazed system, in hot and cold climates, focusing on the critical choices of glass type and spacer system.
- Employ state of the art modeling software for analyzing glazing systems, including THERM, WINDOW and EFEN.
- Describe the direct correlation of energy use and resultant CO2 emissions by analyzing a specific building in two different environments.
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- Thermal and Energy Modeling of Two Fenestration Systems in Hot and Cold Climates
800-255-9235 | www.exceldryer.com
866-482-7374 | www.sunguardglass.com
(Pictured: Marselle Condominium, Seattle, WA. PB Architects. Photo by Matt Todd Photography, courtesy of WoodWorks.)
- Used in geothermal and water-source heat pump applications
- Exceeds ASHRAE 90.1 efficiencies with twostage operation
- Uses EarthPure® (HFC-410A) zero-ozonedepletion refrigerant, making it an extremely environmentally friendly option
- Its multiple cabinet configurations and small footprint make it suitable for tight installations and for replacement/retrofit markets
- Features iGate technology, the next generation in intelligent control by using two-way communication to provide a gateway to the system.
© McGraw Hill Financial. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Building Media, Inc.