What's New in Horizontal Access Doors, Fire Vents & Roof Hatches
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the latest advances in horizontal access doors, fire vents and roof hatches. It reviews the purposes and benefits of each of these specialty access systems, identifies the key features that architects and specifiers should look for in these products, and describes a series of innovative, new options that are available to enhance performance.
The course also includes a special case study section âˆ’ presented in a "voice over powerpoint" format âˆ’ that showcases a wide range of innovative door, vent and hatch applications from around the world.
Learn At Your Own Pace:
You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the purposes and benefits of roof access hatches, automatic fire vents, and horizontal specialty access doors.
- Describe the latest innovations in roof hatches and fire vents.
- List at least five key features that a roof access hatch or an automatic fire vent should have.
- Describe at least five optional features that could be considered when specifying a roof hatch or fire vent.
- Explain the basic features and benefits of fire-rated floor doors.
- Discuss the support services that manufacturers can provide during the design, specification and installation phases of a project.
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- Lesson 1: Roof Access Hatches
- Lesson 2: Automatic Fire Vents
- Lesson 3: Specialty Access Doors
- Lesson 4 - Case Study 1
- Lesson 5 - Case Study 2
800-255-9235 | www.exceldryer.com
866-482-7374 | www.sunguardglass.com
800-847-3552 | www.pellacommercial.com
415-824-4900 | www.safti.com/prod_II-XL45.html
(Pictured: Marselle Condominium, Seattle, WA. PB Architects. Photo by Matt Todd Photography, courtesy of WoodWorks.)
- Used in geothermal and water-source heat pump applications
- Exceeds ASHRAE 90.1 efficiencies with twostage operation
- Uses EarthPure® (HFC-410A) zero-ozonedepletion refrigerant, making it an extremely environmentally friendly option
- Its multiple cabinet configurations and small footprint make it suitable for tight installations and for replacement/retrofit markets
- Features iGate technology, the next generation in intelligent control by using two-way communication to provide a gateway to the system.
© McGraw Hill Financial. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Building Media, Inc.